G.S.M. RX/800 GEARBOXES RECEIVED A NEW AND IMPORTANT RECOGNITION
EAC Certification is valid in the five member States of Eurasian Customs Union: Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan.
The Directive which regulates the production of equipments (which will be working in areas subject to explosion hazards) depends on 012/2011 technical regulations.
EAC EX Certificate is the result of the compliance with TR-CU 012/2011 regulations and it is comparable to ATEX Certification.
ANALYSIS OF LUBRICANTS
The analysis of lubricants is a very important procedure, it allows a clearer understanding about the state of the mechanical components and, therefore, the evaluation of their operation and condition. It enables us to:
- evaluate whether the lubricant is still suitable for use (from a chemical and physical point of view);
- check the percentage of metal particles in the lubricant film;
- control the viscosity, the acidity, the presence of moisture and non-metallic contaminants.
REVAMPING AND MAINTENANCE
Gearboxes and geared motors revamping and maintenance offer a complete problem diagnosis, performing operations such as:
- gears and bearings substitution (also of big sizes);
- seal rings substitution;
- gears, wheels and gearbox parts designing and producing;
- damaged gears substitution and assembling of new ones;
- cast iron, aluminium and steel housings and flanges substitution;
- bearings supports substitution.
Non-destructive tests (NDT) are a series of controls and readings, which are very useful during the gearbox revamping and offer the following benefits:
- analysing the surface wear of the gears to know if they are still fit for use;
- verifying the integrity of welded (or not welded) housing and/or flanges, without destroying them.
Basically, the aim of non-destructive tests (NDT) in gear units is to identify the presence of superficial and structural defects. NDT commonly used are:
- MT (magnetoscopic) for wheels and pinions;
- UT (ultrasonic) or RT (radiographic) for housings and covers.